Exceptional deck design includes an overall superb plan, but also fine details such as railing, balusters, post caps, stair design, accent lighting, benches and planters as well as a floor board pattern.
Decking board patterns can range from small and simple designs to larger, intricate and complex designs. Deck floor board patterns have a great deal of cosmetic appeal but also structural benefits as well.
Types of Floor Board Patterns for Decks:
- Geometric shapes add visual interest and ‘draw the eye’ to a deck’s focal point, such as a decorative railing, a scenic view, or a surface quadrant for dining, relaxing, or gathering.
- Geometric shapes include: diagonal with parting board, triangular, diamond, hexagon or octagon, herringbone or basket weave pattern, board intersection, or even a picture-frame, outline border.
- Floor boards of a different color also create visual contrast between primary decking and accent decking.
- Custom edging with trim boards is a popular cosmetic variance too.
- Mix and match horizontal and vertical, perpendicular and parallel planking patterns for plenty of style.
- And finally, ‘tie it all together’ with matching benches or planters to complement decking accents in color, shape or graining patterns.
Give your deck a touch of individuality and build a deck with floor board patterns for customized style.
The result: A deck worthy of distinction filled with design details and ‘The Wow’ factor.
Visit our St. Louis website to see more pictures of deck designs – Archadeck of West County and St. Charles County.